Traveling is an amazing way to experience new places and cultures, but it can get expensive in no time. Luckily, budget airlines are here to help! With budget airline carriers, you can enjoy more of the world without breaking the bank. Here’s a guide to five of the most popular budget airlines so you can start planning your next adventure today.
So let’s not waste no time, let’s ‘fly’ through them (pardon the pun).
What is a budget airline?
A budget airline, also know as a low-cost carrier or low-cost airline is an airline that heavily focuses on reducing operational costs to provide travellers with the cheapest possible airfare rates. The flight tickets are often much lower than your standard airline but do come with fewer comforts. One example of the way budget airlines reduce operational costs is by reducing the in-flight amenities such as complimentary food and drink. This however can be purchased for an additional cost in-flight.
So, who are the top 5 budget airlines?
Let's find out who are known as the top 5 most popular budget airlines.
– This Irish low-cost carrier has become one of the biggest players in Europe’s budget airline industry, They offer flights across Europe as well as some parts of Africa and Asia. Ryanair offers a no-frills approach to flying, with low prices but fewer amenities or extras. Yet, they do offer a rewards program for frequent flyers and allow passengers to bring one small personal item onboard for free.
– Based in Malaysia, AirAsia is one of the most popular budget carriers in Southeast Asia and beyond! They fly to over 120 destinations in 24 countries, including popular tourist spots like Bali and Bangkok. Plus, they often have great deals on flights so you can take advantage if you book ahead of time. One downside is that they charge extra fees for checked bags and other services such as food onboard.
– Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, this American airline flies all over North America at very reasonable prices. They even offer special discounts for military personnel and their families! Frontier also allows passengers two carry-on items (one must be much smaller than usual) plus a personal item for free when traveling within the US or Puerto Rico, a great perk for travellers who want to save money on baggage fees!
– Based out of New York City’s John F Kennedy Airport, JetBlue Airways is another great option for budget-minded travellers looking to explore North America on a tight schedule. Their website makes it easy to find great deals on flights throughout the US and Caribbean, plus they offer free snacks and entertainment onboard (which isn't always standard with budget carriers).
– Last but by no means not least is Southwest Airlines! This Texas-based carrier has become one of the most beloved budget airlines in America thanks to their friendly customer service and wide selection of routes throughout North America—including Hawaii! Plus every traveler gets two free checked bags when flying within the US or Puerto Rico which saves time at check-in as well as money spent on baggage fees!
A quick summary
- RyanAir (Based in Dublin, Ireland)
- AirAsia (Based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Frontier Airlines (Based in Denver, Colorado)
- JetBlue Airways (Based in Long Island City neighborhood of the New York City borough of Queens)
- Southwest Airlines (Based in Dallas, Texas)
Traveling doesn’t have to be expensive, especially if you choose one of these five popular budget airlines! Whether you’re heading across Europe with Ryanair or exploring Southwestern US with Southwest Airlines, there are plenty of options when it comes to discovering new places without breaking your wallet wide open!
Share this blog:
displays all your search results in one place.