For many people, travel is a means of broadening horizons and discovering new cultures. If you're looking to get the most out of your next trip abroad, then you'll want to know when the best time to visit these top tourist destinations. In this blog, we'll explore some of the world's top cities and figure out the best time of year to visit them.
What are the top 10 most iconic cities?
The top ten cities very interestingly offer a wide range of cultures, weathers and activities. One country even has two cities included. So, in a very particular order, I have listed below the top 10 most iconic cities from around the world.
- New York City🇺🇸
We also covered the top 5 cheap cities in Europe.
When is the best time to visit these destinations?
Offering multiple different climates, cultures and culinary dishes. Below we list the best times to visit the top ten most iconic cities.
1. Paris, France
– For those seeking romance and art in equal measure, Paris in autumn is simply magical. This is a great time for outdoor activities such as walking tours around some of Paris' famous landmarks or having a picnic on the banks of the Seine river at sunset. Plus, with cooler temperatures during September and October compared to peak summer months, it’s also less crowded and more comfortable.
2. New York City, United States
– Any season can be fun in New York City but wintertime here offers something truly special! With snow-covered streets lit up by holiday decorations and lights from all over town, New York looks like something out of a fairytale during this time of year. And don't forget about all the amazing holiday events such as ice skating at Rockefeller Center or seeing a performance at Radio City Music Hall!
3. Sydney, Australia
– If you' re looking for an escape from winter chill then Sydney is just what you need! With its beaches, sunny skies, and warm weather, Sydney provides a tropical oasis when northern cities are freezing over. There are also countless interesting things to do here including whale watching trips as well as visits to iconic tourist attractions like Bondi Beach.
4. Tokyo, Japan
- Springtime in Tokyo has its own unique charm thanks to its stunning cherry blossom season. It’s not only beautiful but also very festive, so it’s definitely worth checking out if you're visiting Japan during this time . Don’t forget to wear comfortable shoes as there will be lots of walking involved!
5. London, England
– Springtime in London is an ideal time for visitors who want to take in all that this vibrant city has to offer. The days are getting longer and sunnier with each passing week, so there's plenty of time for sightseeing and exploring. Plus, with more mild temperatures than during the summer months, it's ideal weather for taking strolls along the Thames or visiting one of London's many parks and gardens
6. Toronto, Canada
– Summertime in Toronto is when you'll get the best bang for your buck when it comes to attractions such as festivals or special events like Luminato and Pride Toronto. July can be particularly hot but if you're looking for that perfect summer experience then look no further than Toronto! Just remember that since it rains frequently during this season you should always prepare accordingly with an umbrella or raincoat!
7. Melbourne, Australia
– Melbourne comes alive during autumn! It's not too hot, not too cold - just perfect. And if you're feeling adventurous, why not try out some outdoor activities such as hiking or camping? You can even check out some local wineries while you're at it!
8. Berlin, Germany
– Berlin truly comes alive during late spring when locals come out into their parks for picnics or enjoy beers on terraces. This season also brings an influx of tourists which makes Berlin even more lively. And don’t forget about all the cultural events going on throughout May such as film festivals and music concerts!
9. Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Wintertime in Dubai can be quite pleasant because temperatures are cooler compared to summer months while still providing plenty of sunshine each day. Although it may be tempting to stay indoors due to high humidity levels outside, there are still plenty of things going on here ranging from shopping malls offering great deals on designer goods all year round (especially around Christmas) or desert safaris with camel rides available every evening!
What is the best city in the world for 2023?
An honourable mention is in place for Vienna, Austria. Vienna has been voted the most liveable city in the world by CNN Travel. Nicknamed "the city of dreams" the Austrian capital boasts the perfect place to live. So when is the best time to visit Vienna? In order to avoid the sky high hotel prices it is best to visit in the milder spring months which are November to January and March through to May. If you do want to take advantage of the hot summers weather Vienna experiences then you are best to visit between June and August.
Visiting one (or several) cities around the world can provide some truly unforgettable experiences depending on which season you decide to travel in. Whether you choose warm climates like Dubai or cooler ones such as London, there’s something special waiting for you wherever you go! No matter what city is chosen though, you will definitely have amazing memories no matter when you decide to go exploring! Looking to fly to these destinations on a budget? and find out how to save money on your flight tickets? Read
Share this blog:
displays all your search results in one place.